Thursday, July 06, 2006

Like Our Good Friend Ice Cube said....

Today was a good day.

I finished my radiation treatments this morning.

Had the scans of my chest and arm yesterday with the results being clear. No difference in my chest and no evidence of any tumor recurrence in my arm.

The second surgery will be the middle of August and after talking to the surgeon yesterday, it appears that the tumor was in the superficial muscles of my forearm. These muscles are incased with a membrane which should have contained the tumor and prevented spreading locally. The second surgery should not involve the median nerve and should have little effect on the function and sensitivity of my hand. Chemo will begin after the surgery.

Scans will continue every three months for the next few years and gradually move to an annual schedule. Getting the call that everything is OK for the second time now is an indescribable relief for Ashley and myself. Thanks for all the love.

Off to the beach....

P.S. I didn't even have to use my AK

12 Comments:

At 7/06/2006 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clyde and Ashley,
Sounds like today really was a good day! A long weekend at the beach sounds like the perfect way to celebrate.

I hope for many more reports of good news and days ahead!

Susanna

 
At 7/07/2006 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CP,
That is great news. My entire family is checking this site every day, and we are all amazed with your approach to this thing. Keep up the good work.

Just messed around and got a triple double -

Simons

 
At 7/07/2006 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CP,
I check the site everyday. What a relief that you didn't have to pull out the AK today. There will be many more good days.

Keep playin' bones and yellin' dominoes!

Best,
Isaac

 
At 7/07/2006 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clyde,
I was so glad to hear the good news! Scott and I have been thinking about you and your whole family. Sounds like things are really looking up, and we are certainly hoping you continue to get good news. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you and your family.
Paula and Scott Benson

 
At 7/07/2006 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clyde,
Great news- you all have been in my thoughts. Have a blast at the beach!
Love, Louise

 
At 7/08/2006 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take a deep breath and relax. The beach is a wonderful place to kick back and get some much need rest.

Lots of love and hugs, Mom

 
At 7/08/2006 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CP,

Keep up the good spirits. Your energy and resolve are inspiring. Hope to see you soon.

Jeff

 
At 7/08/2006 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

boooo-yaaa.

love you,
luke j.

 
At 7/09/2006 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news! I have been keeping up with the blog and love the humor and updates on your progress. Kirk and I are still sending all our healing power and good thoughts your way...

Enjoy the beach!

McKenzie

 
At 7/09/2006 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry we missed you at the beach. Heard from Thailand that you may have had an even better time than we did. You and Ashley deserved a "kicked back" time as did your family. This is all great news.
Love you both and mean it!

 
At 7/10/2006 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C.P.,
Fleming just told me about your tumor and blog site. I was shocked and taken back so I simply had to read the entire thing. I will certainly get the prayer chain going in Oklahoma. I hope you are feeling well today and you remain so positive in the coming months. I will keep checking your site for info. and details on your road to recovery. I also checked out Ashley's store website. It was FABULOUS! It looks like I need to make a trip to N.C. and go shopping. Take Care, Karen Davidson Smith

 
At 7/14/2006 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on completing radiation! and so glad you had good results. love, neely

 

Post a Comment

<< Home