Thursday, May 17, 2007

Blog where you 'posed to...

Posted this after lunch, but I did it on Trton Photos by accident. I guess I'm a little out of it....

Brachytherapy starts tomorrow early afternoon. The margins were widely negative, even more so than last time. That was the goal, and everyone is happy.. Scheduling has fortunately lined up for radiation to occur with as little interruption as possible between the surgeries, making my stay as short as possible. For those wanting to pay a visit, don't bother coming until Wednesday, after I've been released from my lead-lined isolation chamber.

I should be home by the end of May or beginning of June. We’ll have a better idea at that point whether or not an intense Rosetta Stone Spanish study will produce any results…(I think I saw a warning label on one of the bottles that read "Don't bother trying to learn ANYTHING" directly under "Don't operate heavy machinery.")

So far this has been a different experience. Definitely the most painful, but also the most restful since I've been knocked the f'out on a regular basis from my regime of pain medication, muscle relaxers, anti-anxiety meds. Honestly, the pain has just recently become tolerable with the help of manipulating the dose and frequency of these drugs. The first day or two were pretty intense. I couldn't imagine what it would be like back in the day....except maybe that one time i misjumped ye old bonfire. That was old school pain.

The lead room might block x-ray vision and cell and wireless signals, but if I can, I'll update. It should go down like I’ve explained. The radioactive seeds hang out in my arm for 90 hours then I'm through. At that point, it's just one more surgery and a recovery...

We'll it's been something crazy, like 45 minutes, since I've had anything....NURSE!!!!!

much love, CP

5 Comments:

At 5/18/2007 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clyde,
Good luck in the lead chamber!! It seems that you must come out of there with some unbelievable superpower.

Susanna

 
At 5/18/2007 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

get ready world! another super hero is about to be transformed with superpowers. Spiderman, Superman, He-man, all will be taking a back corner to the AMAZING, REMARKABLE CP!honestly, i think you are already MR.FANTASTIC and you have MRS ASHLEY FANTASTIC with her remarkable strengths by your side all the way. You two have already shown all the characterics of a truehero couple during this last year.
lots of prayers
carolyn

 
At 5/18/2007 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am worried about that x-ray vision thing. Betty and Marshall are here at the store as I write, so I am again well caught up on your antics. Behave yourself! Love you bunches. Margaret and Al

 
At 5/18/2007 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Clyde -

It was great seeing you yesterday. You look great and it's a little scary how articulate you are even when you are on drugs! Hope all goes well in the lead chamber. Look forward to seeing you again soon at North Hills.

Wendi

 
At 5/18/2007 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clyde,

Sorry to hear about all the new happenings. Best wishes today. Hope to see you soon.

Q

 

Post a Comment

<< Home