Monday, October 01, 2007

Better Late than Never

At 3:23pm, being somewhat curious as to the results of a CT scan of my chest, I sent the following request:

Dr. B,

I had the blood work and CT scan of my chest today. I know you're in
surgery. If you receive the results and could just email them if you
don't have time to talk, I'd be happy to discuss them later at your
convenience. Ashley and I are both eagerly awaiting the results.

Thank you,
CP

Before going to bed a little after midnight, I checked my voicemail and email one last time to find this:

Clyde,

No new nodules are seen on the chest CT. The tiny nodules that we had previously seen are unchanged. There is some normal postoperative change related to your recent surgery.
This is great news!
Sorry I am getting back to you so late.

B


This is great news indeed. The results couldn't have been better and I'm extremely excited to see my doctor’s enthusiasm. He shares our desire to succeed as well as most everyone’s confusion of whether to call me CP or Clyde. I'm eager to continue this positive momentum. Thank you for all your love and support, including both thoughtful gifts and correspondence.

I'm seriously falling asleep at the computer, holding one eye closed to read the screen and keys. As of tomorrow I'll pretty much limit my blogging whiplash sessions to the "Lost in Transition" post. Things should get interesting when I cut my oxycontin dose in half to 40mg (which is one third of my original dosage).

What a joyful relief!

CP (or Clyde)

26 Comments:

At 10/02/2007 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go! Great report!
Davis

 
At 10/02/2007 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SEEEWWWEEEE!!!!

Davis Clan

 
At 10/02/2007 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news buddy!

Woody and Cali

 
At 10/02/2007 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome news to wake up to!

Boutons

 
At 10/02/2007 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank God! Great news!!!
can't wait to see you back in the office.
carolyn

 
At 10/02/2007 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way beyond well deserved....GREAT NEWS!!!! I'm glad I got to see you briefly the other night--sorry for interrupting the Hills:)

Hayli

 
At 10/02/2007 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhh, we are so happy to hear such great news! been thinking about you send lots of love, the atkinsons

 
At 10/02/2007 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great news, CP! Nice work! See you soon buddy.

Mike & Reid

 
At 10/02/2007 11:13 AM, Blogger Caroline said...

Awesome! So glad to hear the good news. We are thinking about you guys up here.

Love,
Hilary

 
At 10/02/2007 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is fabulous news! Congratulations! You rock!

The Virdins

 
At 10/02/2007 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best news I have heard in a long time. Hope you got some good sleep.
Lovett

 
At 10/02/2007 12:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Huzzahhhhhh!!! Man that's awesome.
keep up the good healing.

 
At 10/02/2007 2:24 PM, Blogger Hutch said...

WOW!

I just returned from vaca yesterday and hopped on the "Chronicles" today for the first time in a week. That was a lot to digest. It was like watching a really dramatic, cliffhanger-type movie ... except during the 20 minute climax I was on the edge of my seat choking back real fear & tears and stuttering from prayers - instead of choking on popcorn & Sour Gummi-worms and stuttering from Scotch.

I must say, the denoument was QUITE DELIGHTFUL!! WAY TO GO! Well, I guess technically there is still lots of storyline to be played out ... but you get my point.

I know I sound like a broken record; but you and Verms are amazingly strong and painfully inspiring to be able to take this roller-coaster ride with such courage.

"Huzzahhhh!!" indeej Lucas, huzzah indeej.

 
At 10/02/2007 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow- We've been waiting to hear and thrilled to know everything is clear!! Fantastic news.
Elizabeth & Chris

 
At 10/02/2007 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's incredible news! I'm so f'ing happy for you guys! Excuse the profanity, but the sentiment deserves it. What a relief!

Always thinking about you guys,
Shannon & Will

 
At 10/02/2007 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your village is thrilled! We love you.

Cindy and Ed

 
At 10/03/2007 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news you guys! Hope to get together soon.
Hesta

 
At 10/03/2007 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YIPPIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
xoxo-
Alston & BWS

 
At 10/04/2007 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome news! So glad to here that after the past couple posts. Sydney and I are think about you guys. Hope to see you soon.

-Brian

 
At 10/04/2007 3:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome news!! I am thinking about you Roomie and will keep the prayers coming! Love, Margaret

 
At 10/04/2007 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C.P.
I'm so happy for you. Still praying for you in OKLAHOMA.
Seeeeeee ya,
Karen

 
At 10/05/2007 1:51 AM, Blogger tgriff said...

great news CP! (I'm going with CP rather than Clyde today)

 
At 10/06/2007 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Bro, nice... so good to read the blog and hear the GOOD NEWS, more like GREAT NEWS! We are always thinking about you and will continue the prayers and good vibes!!!

All our Love,
Ted, Kristin, Tommy and Hank

 
At 10/06/2007 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic!

Congrats Clyde!

Much Love,
Paul, Joelle, and Ava

 
At 10/06/2007 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such good news! Keep up it. I know you can do it and will do it!

Jeff

 
At 10/08/2007 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! PTL!

Wendi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home