Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Straightening Up My Act



I call this particular cast "The Bear Claw" for obvious reasons. These things are dangerous. I hit myself in the head dancing at a wedding last weekend and almost knocked a tooth out the other morning when I woke up on my back and let my hand fall on my open mouth. So be it, they seem to be working. You can tell from this last photo that they've actually started bending my wrist back slightly, making waving so much easier.





My attention at this point is focused on two main goals, other than the ultimate one. The first is straightening my hand and the second is taking as little pain medicine as possible without needing a stick to bight.

Excitement levels are down, which is a good thing. During the straightening of the hand and lowering of the drugs, I'll keep the blog updated with weekly photos and milligram counts and of course reports from the always rousing CT scans. Other than that, hopefully, I can start writing less chronicles about cancer treatment and focus more on surviving the condition.

Mad Love,

CP

11 Comments:

At 10/18/2007 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking great and straight!!! Glad to hear dancing is back on your activity list.
Big love, Mom

 
At 10/18/2007 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankful that there will not be continuous updates, but will miss your prose. Thrilled to hear things are moving along. Now that dancing is back on the list, we will have to give the summer house another whirl. Love you both. Margaret and Al

 
At 10/18/2007 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After "bear claw" comes "the paddle" - that'll be fun. We love you brotha.

Wilkins

 
At 10/18/2007 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on CP. Lots and lots of love to you and Ash!

Cindy and Ed

 
At 10/18/2007 10:34 PM, Blogger tom.callahan said...

Good to see you at aforementioned wedding. The bear claw is formidable! Hopefully the band Sexual Harrisment will be laying down trax soon. Take care mayne,

TC

 
At 10/19/2007 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bear Claw is tight. Good to see you over the long weekend, we need to do that more often. Although it took me til today to recover. Thinking of you often homie.

Owen

 
At 10/19/2007 11:56 AM, Blogger Hutch said...

I like bear claws. "I got what they call a little bit of a weight problem. I used to get bear claws lodged, two at a time, right here!" I love being Cheegy fat! And I love you, and all of us, being able to focus on moving forward instead of on fear. But we'll still be praying for you errryday.

Lookn' good last weekend, Big Boy. We can't make it up this weekend as promised, have to visit my in-laws; but we certainly look fwd to staying with you and Verms, and the rest of the clan, at the Tranquil House next weekend ... just hearing the name of the place gets me in the mood.
"Speakin' of no one's looking..."

 
At 10/19/2007 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you and Ashley last week. You look great! I truly am in awe of your determination and unwavering sense of humor!

Susanna

 
At 10/20/2007 9:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Clyyyyyde!!
It was so awesome to have y'all at our party. I hope it's not so long fore I see you again.

love y'all,
lfj

 
At 10/21/2007 4:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The bear claw is becoming Clyde! I loved seeing you and Ashley last week and hope to see again soon. Love to you both,
Margaret

 
At 11/09/2007 8:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Too many days without a post...Inquiringminds want to know!??!?!?!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home