Thursday, November 22, 2007

Lemme See You Wiggle it, Just a Little Bit


After a few months of casting my whole wrist and hand, my celebreality buddy at PT has shortened the end enough to expose my fingertips, allowing me to move the first two joints of my fingers. Well the word "move" might be somewhat aggressive. My pinky is leading the charge to recapture movement. Moving up the line towards my rather defunct thumb (for the time being) , things become more challenging...my pointer finger bending the least. All day I relentlessly strain to flex and hook, knowing the rehabilitation of my hand has really just begun. Who know's...a couple hundred eventual hours of squeezing playdough and picking up dried black eyed peas from a bowl and the results could be amazing. Honestly, I'd say there is a good chance my hand, although painfully sensitive, will be useful to a significant degree. What can I say, the Harris men are known for being extra sensitive.

We're doing well and I am undoubtedly feeling like I'm getting back to my life. It's really exciting. There have been several occasions when I've taken a moment and thought how much I cherish being back in a normal everyday situation. This time last year, I was totally hairless and 5 days away from my second to last chemo treatment.

I have a chest scan on December 3rd and the inevitable anxiety has gradually begun to creep up on us again as it always does when the date approaches. I've got my fingers crossed and my knees to the ground.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

CP

8 Comments:

At 11/23/2007 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good holiday wishes from Orange, VA. Your attitude is so incredible. Keep on keepin' on... Bill @ WFS

 
At 11/23/2007 12:56 PM, Blogger Hutch said...

Always good to read positive posts. It really makes my day - especially since I am alone at the office today with a huge Tryptophan hangover.

Dec. 3rd, huh? I will rally the Fayettenam troops again. Hope Ruth is doing well, she was the other Harris in our T-day prayers yesterday.

Offically we can now say, Happy Holidays to errrrryone!!

Much Love!

 
At 11/24/2007 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww yeahh!!

The Davis's send some of that extra fonky South GA love yall's way.

 
At 11/26/2007 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear things are going well and look forward to good news from your scan! Happy Holidays and let's get together soon.
Hesta

 
At 11/28/2007 7:26 PM, Blogger Merrie Bouton said...

You're in our prayers, Clyde, and we'll be thinking of you on Dec 3. We love keeping up with everything via your blog and hope to see you in Hickory in a few weeks!!!

Merrie & the Bouton clan

 
At 11/30/2007 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clyde and Ashley -

Will be sending extra thoughts and prayers your way on Dec. 3rd. Keep up the good work!

Wendi

 
At 11/30/2007 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! We will be sending prayers your way this weekend and good luck Monday. Love, Reid and Mike

 
At 12/03/2007 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're thinking of you today! Good luck!

The Virdins

 

Post a Comment

<< Home