Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Seven in a Row

Good news, I had my seventh clean chest scan in a row since the surgery to remove the small tumor from my lung. I did learn that I was mistaken...quarterly chest scans continue for three years since your last treatment then go to every six months for the last two until you reach the five year mark at which point Big C's has assured me that we'll get matching tattoos. Part of me selfishly wants to reach the benchmark just to watch Kat von D ink my Dad. Seriously.

It felt great to have another chest scan. I waited to show my doctor and his nurse the baby pics in my mother-in-law's cheetah print picture case after I got the results and I explained the case wasn't mine. Luckily oncologists don't question your manhood after you've been to hell and back with a smile on your bald head. And while these scans have definitely become a bit more stressful for Ashley and myself since having the kids, I really do feel more confident each time I get a clean scan about beating cancer. I am now as far as I've ever been since the diagnosis from having a problem. It's been three years since I found the bump in my arm.

Let's keep the momentum!

7 Comments:

At 2/05/2009 10:26 AM, Blogger Hutch said...

YEEEEE - HAAAAAAHH!!

Nice work, CP. By my count, only 9 more scans to go before you and Big Clyde go tatt hunting. Here is a website featuring tattoo ideas you should avoid, enjoy (Achtung! - some are pretty tasteless):
http://art-tattoo-designs.com/top-tattoos/crazy-funny-tattoos/

Seriously, we are so proud of you and Verms and the entire Harris and Vermillion Clan.

Sawasdee!
Hutch

 
At 2/06/2009 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clyde, this is awesome. Very proud to call you and Ashley friends. We can't wait to meet the new twins!! ~J$

 
At 2/06/2009 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Words can't describe how thrilled our family is for the two of you, ooops, the 4 of you, and both of your families. I see lots of scotch being a part of the tatoo thing !!!!!!! Love you all. Margaret and Al

 
At 2/06/2009 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news on the scan! We were thinking about you on Wednesday. I really enjoyed meeting the girls the other night. I can't wait to see them again soon. They are so adorable!!!
Love,
Lindsay

 
At 2/07/2009 10:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Where will Clyde have the tattoo inked? I'm voting for a big C inside a Superman type emblem. Or, may a big set...well you get the idea!

 
At 2/12/2009 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very exciting news Clyde! I am dying to meet the little ones!!

Hesta

 
At 2/13/2009 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clyde,

Great news and congrats on the twins! You are in our thoughts and prayers and hope to catch up soon.

Peace,
Drew Cannon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home