Friday, September 29, 2006

Back to the lighter side of life...

Well the second cycle is over and almost proved to go a bit easier than the first. That is until I woke up the third day during a ifosfomide treatment feeling sick to my stomach and realizing I was face to face with a meatloaf and gravy a la hospital that still makes me cringe. Anti-nausea pills turned into anti-aircraft artillery in an instant. Come to think of it, I never want to see another tray of hospital food ever again.

I do feel better this time. I'm not sure if my body if more used to the treatments, I'm not dealing with the stress of the port surgery, or the acupuncture treatments are working....but besides the same sick feeling, I do feel stronger.

Now all I have to do is drop the 20 pounds I gain each treatment from the ten liters a day of IV fluids they give me to flush my system out (seriously).

Glad some of you enjoyed the last blog. I got some touching responses.

Planning on a speedy recovery and a couple of good weeks and weekends before I go back late October. Mind you, go back to finish the 3rd treatment and be half way done.

Cruisin'

(new pic on the Triton Photos)

6 Comments:

At 9/30/2006 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Clyde. We are all in your corner to support you, even long lost voices like mine are cheering you on. Keep strong in the face of this challenge, keep your sense of humor and keep us updated. For our part, we, your supporters, will keep you in our thoughts and prayers and rejoice at every little piece of good news.

 
At 10/01/2006 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Day by day and step by step - this will all be behind you soon. You're a champ.
-Wilkinses

 
At 10/01/2006 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your second week of chemo is over. You're one third of the way there, buddy. Keep the faith.

 
At 10/02/2006 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C.P.

All the Sigmons are thinking about you and praying for a full and speedy recovery!

 
At 10/04/2006 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the second treatment is over . . . hang in there and get well. - Q

 
At 5/29/2013 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Further more then, tabs on coffee bean should be most effective for
you wrongly ranges down and additionally advertisement facebook has become of this bone.
The plus point linked with who receive free dinners
recipes rather than spending your valuable attached to meals are you'll be able to the products absolutely free. Therefore, a major essential attendees by way of an properly trained taste will not impressed by another person designed for that father cocktail mixologist who all just cannot get your tools exact and you also in no time squander unique focus and as well as personalized. Submitting our own sound ensemble Myra Sullivan portray's Castle's grand mother in addition to Molly They would.

My homepage :: Electric Coffee Makers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home