Sunday, September 17, 2006

The surprises keep coming.

Well it's Sunday and I'm sitting in the hospital again. We made a trip to the ER yesterday because my arm looked a bit infected and the doctors thought it was enough to justify admission. A few days of high crank IV antibiotics then a couple of weeks of additional antibiotics at home should eliminate the problem.

Apparently my old attitude of letting things work out on their own isn't going to cut it these days. Gone are the days of trying to overcome salmonella poisoning with shear will power alone. (No, I didn't overcome it that way. Yes, my Mommy had to take me to a doctor) With the compromised immune system, any infection or sickness can get very serious very quickly.

On a side note, the bone pain is gone, the blood counts are coming back, and I waxed half a pizza last night with Clark.

Should be home early next week. Let's keep our fingers crossed nothing new comes up between now and the next treatment. On second thought, new is OK, surprisingly shocking, painful, or utterly inconvenient is a different story.

9 Comments:

At 9/17/2006 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CP, love ya buddy.
Reid

 
At 9/18/2006 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose the oncologists at Duke probably don't often use the phrases "Rub some dirt on it" and "Walk it off." And I don't guess "Gold Bond Medicated Powder" soothes much at this point.
Wall

 
At 9/18/2006 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always thinking about you. Much love, Kristin and Nathan

 
At 9/18/2006 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there big guy. Mer and I are thinking about you guys. We love you guys.
-Carter

 
At 9/18/2006 10:33 AM, Blogger Caroline said...

One word: Activon. Apply directly to the forehead.

 
At 9/18/2006 2:00 PM, Blogger Kim Seymour said...

Ouch! Hope the healing goes quickly! Told Ashley I'd love to bring y'all dinner when you get home next (which I hope is soon!)...Need to get a list what works and doesn't. I'll give her a buzz this week and see if she can give me the LD. Hang in there, bud!

 
At 9/18/2006 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CP, now you have another Arditti in your fighing corner. We're thinking about you daily.
Ted, Kristin, Tommy and Henry

 
At 10/03/2006 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you and praying for you Clyde!! -Brooke

 
At 10/03/2006 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your name was given to our Bible study and we are praying for you. When Peter saw Jesus walking on the water and he started to walk towards Him..as he kept his eyes on Jesus he walked on the water but when he looked at the waves...he began to sink. Keep eyes on Jesus...and you will walk on Water and get through the storm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home