Monday, December 18, 2006

All Quiet on the Eastern Drewry




The blog felt a bit neglected so I decided to add a post. The holiday season has been busy and we're doing well.


We bumped the final treatment back one week so I could enjoy Christmas with everyone rather than experience chemo Christmas, holidays in the hospital, whatever you want to call it. I think I might have celebrated a little too hard already, seeing how I'm home with a cold for the first time since I started this whole trip back in April. Tis the season. It's not bad, I'm just laying low to make sure nothing gets out of hand. The hand sanitizer tables have turned.

I'll keep everyone abreast of any changes and the progress of the final treatment. I will go ahead and confidently predict that the scant remainder of my eyebrows and eyelashes won't make it to see 2007. I've gotten so used to the look that I'm going to miss the big bald guy in the mirror every morning. I've gone from "Who the hell are you?" to having completely adjusted to the look. Rubbing moisturizer all over my head and face after a shower is pretty fun too. Who knows, maybe my hair will grow back black and curly enough to grow an afro. What's life with out dreams...?

It's almost surreal to visualize the rapidly approaching finish line. Completing the year and all my treatments together has a nice feeling of closure about it. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.

CP

9 Comments:

At 12/19/2006 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Hill girls wish you and Ashley a very happy Christmas. We think the bald guy is very sexy, especially when we think of him with the new Colt! Thank you for bringing us along on your journey. We have learned so much from you.

 
At 12/19/2006 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring back the perm in 2007. It was a great look for you in the spring of '94.

 
At 12/19/2006 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are hairless like Vadim Turkoglu before a big swim meet. I look forward to seeing the fro. Merry Christmas.

 
At 12/19/2006 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We sure missed you guys this weekend, but it appeared that everyone did your fair share of drinking and eating for you. We hope you have a wonderful Christmas and the Best New Year ever!
All our love, thoughts and prayers,
Ted, Kristin, Tommy and Henry

 
At 12/19/2006 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is almost over!! We can't wait to celebrate with you. You have been so amazing through it all. Both you and Ash have really been an inspiration. We love you! Nathan, Kristin and Ella

 
At 12/20/2006 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Sigmon's wish you both a Merry Christmas and a VERY HAPPY 2007!!

 
At 12/22/2006 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clyde,
Wishing you, Ashley and Watts a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Susanna

P.S. Go Deacs!

 
At 12/29/2006 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been thinking of you often during your FINAL TREATMENT time! Hope it will go as well as the others and I'll see you back at the farm soon. Here's wishing you a great 2007!

 
At 1/08/2007 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear that you had a Happy New Year..I have been thinking of you two. I look forward to a reunion sometime in the future.......all my love and best wishes in the new year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home