Monday, November 13, 2006

Like Tiger said, "I CAIN'T"

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Honestly mine went very well. Nothing to exciting about it, just pleasant. Here's a Chronicle from coming home Friday.

Part of my routine has become going straight from the hospital to get a treatment of acupuncture. While normally creating a noticeably relaxing, and positive effect, this last one created a bit of a memorable situation.

As I've explained, they truly open the IV floodgates during my stay in Durham. The goal is to keep me going to the bathroom at least once an hour to keep my system flushed and protect my kidneys and bladder from the chemo. Other than gaining 15lbs each treatment and looking like King Kong Bundy, it's been tolerable. I will have to say life has been interesting and an eighth of a ton. What an accomplishment.

So....I'm on the acupunture table Friday about 30 minutes into the treatment. Combined with the 45 drive to the place from the hospital and no bathroom break,options and strategies begin.

Simultaneously, a potential client having just finished their initial consultation enters in the hallway....

Looking like Hellraiser meets Bald Bull from Mike Tyson's Punch Out, I made my way down the hall with needles in my arms, legs, forehead, ear, and stomach, strolling casually past an unexpecting Ashley, the owner, his new client, and the receptionist.

Funny image. I'm still laughing thinking about it.


Thanks for checking in. As if this year wasn't crazy enough, the Deacs are 9-1....?

2006 What the?

9 Comments:

At 11/14/2006 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm cheering for you and the Deacs every day!
Susanna

 
At 11/14/2006 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you want be at the game this weekend. But glad you are well. GO CLYDE and GO DEACS. Tito

 
At 11/15/2006 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C.P.,
You continue to make me laugh. I might be able to top your story with one from my 3 year old Matthew. As we are strolling through KMart(yes, our only store in Clinton) Matthew decides he needs to go...well, I turn to find my other child down the toy aisle so we can all go to the restroom and when I come back to retrieve Matthew he has dropped trou and is peeing on a lovely new Christmas tree with a white felt skirt. In full stream he simply can't stop... I'd like to tell you that I'm a proud owner of a new tree, but in reality I got the hell out of Dodge and never looked back.
See ya,
Karen Davidson Smith
p.s. I look forward to seeing Fleming and Kirk over Thanksgiving.

 
At 11/15/2006 4:52 PM, Blogger CP Harris said...

Clark did the same thing in '84 in Littleton. The only differences were us being at a Eagles and him making it outside to a small tree by the sidewalk. I think I was trying on some Devil Dogs.

 
At 11/18/2006 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we love a blog that mentions king kong bundy!

love,

davis clan

 
At 11/20/2006 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from Smyrna. Glad to hear you are doing well. Have a great Thanksgiving.
Griffin family

 
At 11/21/2006 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you CP. Reading your blog and seeing how positive you are makes me smile. All the best to you and Ashley

-Wilkins

 
At 11/21/2006 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that your picture is on the kids board! That rules! Keep up the good attitude, and Happy Thanksgiving to you, Ashley, and the rest of your family!
Mary Craig

 
At 11/30/2012 3:19 PM, Anonymous Dolyfht said...

God bless you CP. Reading your blog and seeing how positive you are makes me smile. All the best to you and Ashley -Wilkins  

 

Post a Comment

<< Home