Thursday, January 03, 2008

Negative Needle

After getting a call this morning from my doctor, we learned the MRI showed inconclusive results. Sweet. We cruised back to Durham for a needle biopsy to clarify the situation a bit more.

In a twisted serendipitous turn of events, I met my family in the doctor's waiting room. They had just finished helping my mother through her toughest round of chemo yet and thought it would be nice to walk down the hall and find out how my situation was unfolding.

To keep things short and nothing like the needle repeated jabbed into the sorest bulging part of my arm, the preliminary results of the pathology showed no malignant cells. To be honest, I was completely shocked. I thought the arm was coming off. I should have the final results in 48 hours, two business days, next week, or whichever seems the least convenient.

For now, I'll take this as a little victory in the war of survival.

I'll post the final path results ASAP. I didn't really want to alarm everyone, but the scare is real and something that my family and I have to endure. As always, thanks so much for your support and Merry New Year!!

Love,

CP

4 Comments:

At 1/04/2008 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's 12:45 and CP is finally sleeping. It's been a nerve racking week and thank you for all the love, support and prayers.

This was scary because CP really felt like it was a malignant tumor growing in his arm. We will hang our hats on the good news today and rejoice that it was not a malignant growth.

I know how hard this is for me and I can't imagine how hard it is for him. From now on, when anything looks or feels worrisome it will be hard for all of us not to freak out. At least this is one that we can say turned out to be not as bad as we thought.

But NOW we have to figure out what is going on inside his arm to cause him this severe pain, non flexibility and bulge. The battle continues for him and it makes me so aware of what a struggle it is everyday with not only the fear of cancer but his reconstructed arm. It makes you realize why this guy needs to blow off some steam!

he truly is amazing and his strength and courage unwavering. If you could see half of what he is put through with these biopsies, surgeries, treatments, showing no signs of fear...you would be bewildered.

love,
ashley

p.s. don't ever tell him "try putting neosporin on it" unless you want a hard laugh

 
At 1/04/2008 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CP,
So happy to hear that the positive report. Ashley, keep up the good work of taking care of CP, I know this has been very hard on you as well.
Lovett

 
At 1/04/2008 2:23 PM, Blogger Hutch said...

CP,
Try putting Neosporin on it.

I hope the laugh was very hard!

 
At 3/04/2013 4:06 PM, Anonymous Brian said...

CP, Try putting Neosporin on it. I hope the laugh was very hard!  

 

Post a Comment

<< Home