Monday, July 24, 2006

On deck

I went to Duke this past Friday for my pre-chemo screenings, basically baseline tests on my heart and kidneys. Not only did my being a 6'4" 30 year old at the Pediatric Clinic entertain the nurses, but Marshall Rich telling them "he never had trouble finding a vein in college" when they were trying to set up my IV made sure they knew the big kids were in the house. We did learn a few interesting things. Most importantly, veins have feelings too. They can get mad, spasm, and make noise when they're tired of being harassed all day to give up your blood.

August 15th will be the date for the second surgery. Unless there are complicating factors, it should be an overnight visit and I'll be back to normal by the weekend. Between now and the surgery, there won't be alot of news to report. If anything worthy of noting comes up, I'll make sure to post it.

Thank you for all your comments. Not only are they show your support and shock my family and parents' friends, they make me laugh. Please keep them coming (just under the radar of the "Trash Comment" option I have as the host).

9 Comments:

At 7/24/2006 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it wasn't called the "junk"yard for nothing, right? Thanks for the update, CP. We'll be thinking about you on 8/15. We're really looking forward to seeing more of you and Ashley very soon.

Luke, Lauren, and Mae

 
At 7/25/2006 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clyde and Ashley

I have been lurking in the shadows of your blog since its inception. Wanted to wish you the best - but it sounds like you already have that. Keep the ole chin up and be thankful you have each other - on top of the monumental support you have of your family and friends.

A funny aside - one of my homosexual friends saw a pic of Clyde at Shorty's circa 1998 and said he was quite the sexy beast...go get em tiger.

Tracy Hunt

 
At 7/25/2006 11:51 AM, Blogger CP Harris said...

Meat me at Shorty's?

I think not.

 
At 7/25/2006 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to see you today and good to see you looking well. I am trying to picture you hairless--guess I will get the opportunity soon enough. Want you to know all the Poteats are pulling for you and Ashley. This is a time you need your KA brothers and I hope every one of them contacts you. Stay crazy! You do it well.
Hannah Poteat

 
At 7/25/2006 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CP, You are the best to keep us all informed, so that we can keep up the positive wave lengths. All of Wilson is behind you. You have so much beat, because of your attitude!!
The forbes

 
At 7/27/2006 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey CP -

I've been lurking for sometime now, thanks for the updates. I'll be thinking of you on the 15th. Todd and I were talking about heading down to Raleigh sometime. Hope to see you soon. Get well.

Q

 
At 7/28/2006 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clyde,

The Triton Chrnoicles has the makings of the world's greatest blog. It is both inspirational and informative--I find myself both laughing and crying within a few minutes span.

Now, if you could please throw in a few pieces of current celebrity gossip as well as fashion trends, it truly would be THE greatest. Something along the lines of: I went to Duke today to get tests done- to make a good impression, I wore a shirt from Five Star clothing, the line K-Fed is now repping (who by the way I hear totally has a new redneck on the side, a hoochie from Fairmont, NC). Just a suggestion...I know you seek perfection in all you do.

I wish you and Ashley all the best!
Leslie Gregory

 
At 7/29/2006 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Trying to explain that dogg house"

Try to talk, double talk,get myself in trouble talk, catchin myself with Clyde, ketch myself with Clyde! whoe no,just been caught....

 
At 7/29/2006 4:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Trying to explain that dogg house"
Try to talk, double talk,get myself in trouble talk, catchin myself with Clyde, ketch myself with Clyde! just been caught....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home