Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Happy 4th of July. I have HUGE plans.


Surgery went great. The team thinks this sould be my last stay in the hospital for a while. The hospital must have caught wind of this and absolutely F'd me on a protocol technicality. One that sends me home Friday instead of today....Oh, for Pete's sake!

I'm on a wound vac and have to go home on a portable one which must be ordered through a third-party portable wound vac company. The catch, it takes 24-48 hours to get one. Mine wasn't ordered ahead of time, tomorrow is a holiday, and no matter how much complaining up the latter you do, I'm stuck. You can't even buy one for around five grand if you had the good sense to do so (just to stay out of the hospital for three days). Still, thinking outside the box, Chegroup might benefit from one. I mean, we do get hurt…speaking about physical injuries of course. Financialy, we don't don't how to get hurt...

There is a true upside...man, I'm so damn positive. Being in the hospital saves my family big time on having to get me to the hyperbaric chamber by 8am all week. I'm glad they get to sleep in, just as long as my lunch is delivered in time before my 1pm treatment. To my amazement, the kind people are volunteering to sacrifice their holiday morning. Just so I can get in as many rides as possible before Friday, several of the team came in at at 8 for a morning session. When the bandage comes off, thanks to both the wound vac and the HBO, I should go home a free man, never (well sorta never) to return. The people here truly just want to see you succeed. My sincere thanks to them all.

Long story shorter, I'm feeling good, but totally held captive in 6318. I guess I was due for something unlucky to happen to me....

PS When I finally get it posted. The picture up there is great...me micromanaging the nurse wrapping my leg while Ashley sleeps in the background. A thousand words, a thousand words

7 Comments:

At 7/04/2007 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy my phrase is catching on. Pure Comedy! Happy 4th.
Love,
KAREN

 
At 7/04/2007 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe there is a bigger market for portable medical vacs than I thought. Sorry you are spending the 4th in the hospital, but it is good to hear things going well.

E. Miller

 
At 7/04/2007 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you a quick few days. I know you are ready to be home, but we have enjoyed a little time with Watts. She says she might want to live with us!! It is seriously wonderful to hear good news. We love both of you and your families. Margaret

 
At 7/05/2007 8:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

CP--
I was thinking of you on the 4th, I stepped on a still-smoldering plastic firecracker casing. My foot has blistered, and looks like I'll not be able to train for that marathon.

I know you're ready to be home, but you're not missing much. Look forward to seeing you soon.

 
At 7/05/2007 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CP - hope you had a good 4th in the HBO, but didn't light any fireworks in that mug. We're thinking about you and the fam constantly and look forward to you being out of the hospital for good on Friday.

Keep the faith,
O, Mer, Pres, and HB

 
At 7/05/2007 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry you're stuck man! good news is only one more day. hope you're well man and i hope to see you soon.

Taylor G.

 
At 7/07/2007 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how is it that you go through all this cancer stuff and you still have more hair than me? i love you too!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home